There are tons of extra ways to recruit virtually.
- 3-way Texts:
- when you create a groupchat between you, your manager, and ONE of your friends
- Snapchat Jumpstart
- Class GroupMe Jumpstart
- Invite your friends to like our social media page
- Class emails:
send an email to your class about the opportunity , or ask your professor /teacher to email the students in your class.
Three Way Texts
Step 1) Create a groupchat between you, your manager, and ONE of your friends (dont add multiple friends to one group)
Step 2) Send this message:
Hey THEIRNAME! My manager Lele Hartman is looking to fill a few work-from-home positions and asked me who may be a good fit. Not sure what your plans are, I just know you would do well so I just wanted to start a convo between the two of you so you can find a time to talk with her and get more info.
Step 3) Let your manager take care of the rest!
Step 1) Add a link to the image you’re going to send
- Go to your camera roll, select the image you want to post.
- Press and hold down on the image, click “edit photo”
- Click the 📎paperclip and link www.StudentWorkJersey.com to the picture.
- Press the blue arrow
Step 2) Send it to your story and your friends
- Press the blue arrow
- Add this as the chat message:
- Hey! I hope everything is as good as possible for you and your family. The place I have been working is interviewing right now for work from home positions with flexible schedules. I volunteered to reach out to some friends to get the word out. I’ve had a great experience and made some really good money. Are you or anybody you know currently looking for work this summer?
- Select “My Story”, then select every friend
- Literally select every friend unless it’s Mom, Dad, Aunt Suzy, or someone who lives far away :)
- It will automatically send it all individually :)
- That’s it :)
GREAT IDEA FROM ALYSSA: Most students are in a group chat with all their classmates, and some of these class groupmes can have hundreds of students in them.
Note: DO NOT message in the entire group chat. If one person is negative in response, it kinda ruins it for everyone.
Send it individually to each person. As far as I can tell, there’s no limit to the number of groupme messages someone can send.
Hey NAME! I hope you're doing well! I'm in the same SUBJECT class with you. I wanted to let you know that the place I have been working is interviewing right now for work from home positions. I volunteered to reach out to some people in my network to get the word out. I’ve had a great experience and made some really good money. Are you or anybody you know currently looking for work this summer?
Invite your Friends to Like our Page on Facebook
Click the three dots ... and click "invite friends"
IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 1000 FRIENDS IN TOTAL:
Click "select all" and then click "send invites"
IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 1000 FRIENDS
Select 100-150 at a time and click "send invites"
Class Email How-To:
EMAIL TO PROFESSOR / TEACHER
SUBJECT: Summer Work from Home Opportunity: Flexible Schedules for Students
Hey Mr/Mrs/Dr/Professor/ !
I hope you're having a great day. I wanted to let you know that my manager Lele Hartman owns a business in Livingston and works mostly with students. because the schedules are super flexible.
She even has virtual work options and I've had a really great experience and made solid money. She is accepting applications right now for two positions. - a sales / customer service position with a starting pay of $22 base-appt, and a receptionist position with a starting pay of $15/hour.
The application website is www.StudentWorkJersey.com. She is running videochat interviews for the program right now!
I know how hard it is to find a job right now as a student. I've really loved the opportunity and I would love to share it with the other students in the class. Is there any chance you could forward this email to our class?
DIRECT EMAILS TO STUDENTS
- only send these through gmail. Don't send these through blackboard / canvas / sakai
- a lot of the times, you can export a list of all the students in your class's emails on blackboard/canvas/sakai, and then you can email them directly through gmail.
- google limits emails to 400 /day
WINTER BREAK TEMPLATE
My manager Lele Hartman owns a business in Livingston and works mostly with students. I figured I’d let you guys know that they are currently accepting applications for flexible paid internships. Starting pay is $22 base-appt, it's super flexible so you can work around classes or other jobs. They also have A 1-8 week winter break work program available, and they are interviewing for the program now!
There’s a virtual program, so when I was away at home for the summer I was able to work from home. I’m also getting internship credits from SHU for working here! The job is on Handshake, but I figured I'd let you guys know here too since they're conducting interviews THIS WEEK.
Go to www.StudentWorkJersey.com for more info and to apply. Hope this helps!