Why is Field Training Helpful?
- It helps hold a rep accountable IN THE MOMENT!
- Rep recordings are great, but the difference with field training is that you are there in the moment to make sure things go the right way… instead of afterwards to give tips for next time.
TYPES OF FIELD TRAINING
Less Experienced watching someone more experienced do a demo
- SHHHHHHHHH No talking at all
More Experienced watching someone less experienced do a demo
- Don’t be afraid to speak up if it will majorly impact the results of the demo
SETTING UP THE FIELD TRAINING
- Use queuesalesteam to view demo times and reach out to the rep
- Whether the appointment is on zoom or over the phone, you and the rep should be on zoom together
- That way it’s easier for them to merge a manager into the call if necessary
- If there will be more than 2 people on the zoom, ask the manager for a pro-zoom account login and make sure the rep has the right zoom link info
IF YOU ARE THE MORE EXPERIENCED REP WATCHING A LESS EXPERIENCED REP DO A DEMO
“I am a training to be a new manager and I want to improve at coaching and helping other reps. Don’t mind me being here, just have fun and know if you need help I can help you guys! I’m learning just as much as __ is!”
- DON’T come off as a principal in the back of the classroom
- Saying that you are there to learn too makes it way more comfortable
If you are a less experienced rep shadowing.. be a shadow! BE QUIET!
FIELD TRAINING TIPS
- Write down what you like, what you don’t like, and what you don’t understand
- Sit down with the rep afterwards to go over your notes
- Share your notes with the manager afterwards so we can be kept in the loop
If you are the more experienced rep on the call and a rep does something majorly wrong, don’t be afraid to speak up (and please let us know!)
- Skipping the video
- Not asking for the order
- Not merging a manager when the customer is unsure
- Skipping the drop down OR skipping parts of the drop down
Basically, if a rep is doing something that will majorly impact their success, don’t be afraid to say “Hey ___, I don’t mean to interrupt but let’s slow down for a second! The video is a lot of fun, and you guys need to watch it together to get credit for the presentation.”
Questions to Ask Yourself when Listening to the Recording
How to Close a Deal as a Manager on PDI when getting Merged into the Call